Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thankful for (in no particular order):


Geese squawking overhead

The endless scribble of tree branches

Sunshine in winter

The sky, the lake

Green apples

Thai food

Sweatshirts and jeans

Newspapers

Poetry

Best American Essays

Writers

Breakfast

Photographs

Fargo, the cat

Shells and stones and bones

Anyone who makes me laugh

My students, colleagues, college, and education in general

Fleece

Leather (sorry)

My 16-year-old car

Bruce

The ability to daydream

Blue. And green.

Post its, paper clips, binder clips (colors!), narrow-lined paper, gel pens, pencils

Being old enough to have learned to type on a manual typewriter

Growing up in New Jersey (my family, the beach, ice skating)

Living in Arizona (the desert, the mountains, UA, Pima)

Life in New York (Leigh. Syracuse. Everything.)

Anne Carson

Autumn

My grandmother’s ring*

Memory

And my friends, who should be at the top of this list or, rather, should have each their own pages, with photos and quotations and video and long, beautiful anecdotes and plenty of sentiment. Je t’adore.







*That's my grandmother, in the photo.

2 comments:

  1. Tucson sky
    poems that make you write

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely, Donna. Did you make this beautiful collage? I love it! I launched a similar project today, unbeknownst.

    ReplyDelete